Re: st: showing row labels in -table-

From   Martin Weiss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: showing row labels in -table-
Date   Sun, 31 Aug 2008 21:44:02 +0200

Although you demonstrate your problem with the -auto- dataset, I still do not get what you want. -pricelevel- has no -value labels-; on top of that, it forms the columns and not the rows. When I run your example, I get the following:

-------------------------------
| pricelevel
Car type | 1 2 Total
----------+--------------------
Domestic | 21 16 20
| 3.1 3.4 3.2

Foreign | 27 21 25
| 2.7 2.5 2.6

Maybe you can tell the list what more you want...

HTH
Martin

Quoting Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>:

I'm using -table- to create summary tables. Is it possible to show the
row headers for cell contents?

For example, in this table I can't display pricelevel row labels for
the cell contents rows:

clear
sysuse auto
tab price
gen pricelevel=1
replace pricelevel=2 if price>6000
table foreign pricelevel, contents(mean mpg mean headroom) col
format(%9.2g) cen

Michael