Re: st: path for winexec?

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: path for winexec?
Date   Tue, 27 May 2008 21:36:21 -0400

This is very helpful to know - thanks.

Steven Dubnoff wrote:
At 09:33 AM 5/27/2008, Martin wrote:

I am wondering whether there is a way to make Stata find executables on its
own.
Windows can find a properly installed program on its own and it is smart enough to use the extension to know which program to find. So if you type:

shell c:\mydir\my.pdf

at the Stata prompt, windows will launch Acrobat reader, which will then display my.pdf.

The only downside of this technique is that you may see an open command prompt window.

Best,

Steve

Steven Dubnoff [email protected]
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/