Re: st: need mata or perhaps egen help

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: need mata or perhaps egen help
Date   Thu, 22 May 2008 16:02:26 -0500

You can use -st_data()- and -st_store()- to move data between Stata
and mata (see -help m4_stata- )

Below is one way:

clear
//nearest neighbor matrix
set obs 20
set seed 12345
forv i = 1/20 {
	qui gen v`i' = uniform()<.2 in  `i'/l
	qui replace v`i' = 0 in `i'
}
mata: dist = makesymmetric(st_data(.,.))
mata: dist
drop v*

//spending
set obs 20