Re: st: RE: Wech One-way ANOVA

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Wech One-way ANOVA
Date   Sun, 18 May 2008 21:47:36 -0400

David is partly right.

Welch's test uses separate standard deviations to compute the denominator of the t-statistic, and, as David says, this is the same denominator as that computed by the robust option in -reg-. However - reg- with the robust option uses the usual d.f. for the test (n-2), but Welch used a corrected d.f.

-Steve