Re: st: too few quotes problem

From   minimus <[email protected]>
To   statlist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: too few quotes problem
Date   Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:25:06 +0200

I of course understand you would not open a file from an unknown source.
So here are some more details:

I have typed update qu and stata returns:
____________________________
Stata executable
    folder:               C:\Program Files\Stata10\
    name of file:         wsestata.exe
    currently installed:  14 Jun 2007
    latest available:     04 Mar 2008
Ado-file updates
    folder:               C:\Program Files\Stata10\ado\updates\
    names of files:       (various)
    currently installed:  14 Jun 2007
    latest available:     16 Mar 2008

Recommendation
    Type -update all-

Click to edit automatic update checking preferences
________________________

The problem cannot be a defective installation because I tried the same
thing on my collegue's machine, on stata 9.

Now, I dont know what you mean by "Is ac006 a string variable, or is it
labeled?".
I know two things: string or numeric. By "labled" you mean "numeric"?

The variable is numeric and the storage type is float:
. describe ac006

              storage  display     value
variable name   type   format      label      variable label
ac006           float  %9.0g                  `partner: net income per month
                                                (euro)`

What can i do now?

Thanks in advance.