Re: st: lincom syntax question - help with modeling percentage increase in IV

Subject   Re: st: lincom syntax question - help with modeling percentage increase in IV
Date   Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:09:53 -0400

The question is less than clear--are you looking for the effect of a
0.05 increment to the proportion X or a 5% increase from the mean of
X? Did you want something like this?

webuse union
xtlogit union age grade not_smsa if south
lincom 0.05*age, or

where instead of the OR associated with a one-unit increase in age, we
want a 0.05 unit increase, i.e. what is the effect on the odds of
being unionized of being 438 hours older?  A silly example, to be
sure.