Re: st: how to adjust covariance matrix in two-stage model using svy (and iv)?

Subject   Re: st: how to adjust covariance matrix in two-stage model using svy (and iv)?
Date   Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:49:37 -0400

Jennifer Leavy <[email protected]>:
How about using -ivpois- from SSC instead?  Non-sellers are those who
sell zero units; in a Poisson regression that fits the data well, they
would have very small predicted sales, so that the rounded predicted
value would be zero.  -ivpois- implements a GMM version of Poisson
that allows endogenous regressors and excluded instruments.  Such a
choice is similar to a choice among a two-part model, -zip-, or
-poisson-; see also http://www.nber.org/papers/t0228 or

Mullahy, John. 1998. "Much Ado About Two: Reconsidering
Retransformation And The Two-Part Model In Health Econometrics,"
Journal of Health Economics, 17(3): 247-281.