Re: st: strata in bootstrap

Subject   Re: st: strata in bootstrap
Date   Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:02:31 -0400

Timothy Dang <[email protected]>:
Computing the mean across individuals is also a form of ignoring
heterogeneity, in some sense.  But to answer your main question, the
-strata- option you specified constrains -bootstrap- to draw (for each
replication) 12 observations with replacement within each subject
record. This does not seem to address your main concern that
observations within subject are likely highly correlated, but the
-cluster- option does.  The -svy:tab- command I showed is just a trick
to get good confidence intervals for proportions; there are others.

See [R] bootstrap or SJ4:312-328 for more detail on -bootstrap-:
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=st0073