Re: st: undocumented mac update?

From   Chinh Nguyen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: undocumented mac update?
Date   Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:19:57 -0500

David Airey <[email protected]> wrote:

Phil Ender and I downloaded a mac app update:

Stata/MP 10.0 for Macintosh
Born 17 Mar 2008
Copyright (C) 1985-2008

that is not described in the whatsnew file. ANy clues?
We believed the Mac-only update to be so minor that it didn't warrant a whatsnew file. However, future executable updates will always include a whatsnew regardless of how minor an update is. A whatsnew describing the recent Mac update is available now. Type -update all- to get it. A more detailed description follows:

Some of Stata's resource files had their file permissions set to be only readable by the owner of Stata and members of the same group as the owner of Stata. If a user was neither, Stata would not launch (users in a lab environment could have been affected by this). This has been fixed.

In the 25 Feb 2008 Mac executable update, some of Stata's dialogs were rewritten to Apple's preferred method of handling dialogs. However, the close window button (the red button in the upper left corner of a window) was added to the dialogs by the resource file tool we used to design the dialogs. For dialogs that require a user to click a push button (such as OK or Cancel) to dismiss a dialog, there should not be a close window button. This has been fixed in Stata's resource files (no code changed).

-Chinh Nguyen

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/