Re: st: Bug in new executable

From   Hua Peng <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Bug in new executable
Date   Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:00:23 -0600

Kieran McCaul wrote:
In the do-file editor it is possible to highlight some lines of code and
run these.

On the results screen, the first line that would appear would be
something like this.

. do "C:\Users\kamccaul\AppData\Local\Temp\STD00000000.tmp"

This still works OK.

But suppose instead of hitting the do button, I hit the run button.

Now what appears is this:

. run "C:\Studies - WACHA\_DATA FILES\deaths\ttttexport.do"

The run command is now running the file that contains the code that I
have highlighted.
I can't remember if this is what it did before, but my memory is that it
used to run the highlighted text as a .tmp file.

The problem is that if I close the do-file editor, open it again, and
open the file I just ran, the only things in there are the lines of code
that I highlighted and ran.  All other lines are deleted.

What Kieran discovered is a bug and we will fix it in the next executable
update.

-- Hua.