Re: st: Stata/SE 10 very slow reading program code

Subject   Re: st: Stata/SE 10 very slow reading program code
Date   Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:03:07 -0500

At 05:16 PM 3/2/2008, Dirk Enzmann wrote:
In addition to:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/STATALIST/archives/statalist.0803/date/article-40.html

Maarten,

I forgot to answer one of your questions ("how are you trying to read it?"): I copy the program code from an editor into Stata's command window.

Dirk
Stata 10: When I copy the code into a do file and run it, it takes about a second, same as Maarten. But when I copy the code into the command window, it takes 18 seconds.

Stata 9.2: About 1 second either way.

So yes, the cutting and pasting into the command window does seem slower in Stata 10 than in Stata 9.2. No idea why. Copy into a do file instead and hopefully all is well.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam