Re: st: ordered logit (was: marginal effects in random effects ordered probit using GLLAMM)

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ordered logit (was: marginal effects in random effects ordered probit using GLLAMM)
Date   Sat, 1 Mar 2008 03:11:10 +0000

Maarten Buis replied to Adrian de la Garza:

>  > Also, do you guys know of another source discussing the
>  > interpretation of interactions in non-linear models like ordered
>  > logit? Is it the same as in standard OLS?
>

> This is discussed in: Edward C. Norton, Hua Wang, and Chunrong Ai
>  (2004) "Computing Interaction Effects and Standard Errors in Logit and
>  Probit Models" The Stata Journal, 4(2), pp. 154--167.
>
>  http://www.unc.edu/%7Eenorton/NortonWangAi.pdf

But note also the many pitfalls of estimating such models when
employing interaction effects, as described initially by Allison
(1999) and - now - by a supporting cast of thousands.

--
Clive Nicholas

<[email protected]>. Thanks!]

Allison PD (1999) "Comparing Logit and Probit Coefficients Across
Groups", Sociological Methods and Research 28(2), 186-208.