st: mvprobit

From   Simon Moore <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mvprobit
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:43:48 +0000

Dear Statalist,

Is there an accepted criteria for use of mvprobit over two or more separate probit equations? My only lead so far, from the published literature using mvprobit, tells me that mvprobit is best if outcome variables are correlated but not so correlated that dependant variables should be collapsed into a single variable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Simon
*