st: Re: running the same do-file but getting different results

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: running the same do-file but getting different results
Date   Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:17:45 -0500

This can occur because of a many-to-many merge (see that heading in my book or Statalist archives). Try using uniqmaster, uniqusing or unique options on the merges as appropriate for your data. You will probably find that where you expect uniqueness to apply in one dataset or the other it will fail.

Kit

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html