Re: st: Special character

From   "Julien D." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Special character
Date   Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:55:35 +0100

Hum, to the end, I could very easily edit my Stata graph saved as windows metafile with Powerpoint, so I could insert this way in my graph the greater than or equal character...

The method I described previously was not so good (editing font policies and replacing characters...), because printers didn't used the editing font, so the "<=" character didn't appear in printed graphics...

I didn't imagin it was so hard to insert this character in Stata...

Thank you all for your posts...

Austin Nichols a �crit :

Tony <[email protected]>:
I think you are using a nonstandard font or means of inserting the
character into a graph, if that works on your system.  As
ssc inst ascii
ascii
or
ssc inst ascii
asciiplot
shows, the ASCII 242 character in Stata is usually a lowercase O with
a grave accent.

Perhaps you are thinking of Microsoft Word and holding down the Alt
key while typing 242 on the numeric keypad, which will give the
desired character.

On Feb 7, 2008 12:09 PM, Lachenbruch, Peter