RE: st: How to plot a coefficient vector e(b)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to plot a coefficient vector e(b)
Date   Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:35:54 -0000

Let's focus on what you mean by "histogram". I would understand by that
what Stata understands: a display using touching bars of a binned
distribution for one variable. The display could show densities, or
counted frequencies, or fractions, or percents.

If that really is what you want, then you need to feed e(b) into a new
variable and then call -histogram-.

Here is some technique:

sysuse auto, clear
xi : regress mpg i.rep78
mat b = e(b)
mat li b
gen b = .
qui forval i = 1/4 {
	replace b = b[1,`i'] in `i'
}
histogram b

I think with 50 you would possibly be better off with a different
display, one which names each variable.

Serguei Kaniovski

Maarten,

I have a regression on some 50 dummy variables, whose coefficients I
would
like to display in a histogram.