st: storing result inside a unix scripts

From   Marco Grazzi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: storing result inside a unix scripts
Date   Tue, 22 Jan 2008 19:35:29 +0100

Dear All!

I am running a do file in Unix batch mode. I have used the suggestion
on the FAQ: http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/unix/batch.html
The .do file performs 3 simple probit regressions.

The stata .do file is run within a 'for' cycle (i.e. it is running each
time on a different database). At every loop, each time the stata
do file is run, I want to store and append the results of these 3
regression so that I can perform analysis afterwards (compute average,
do some tests, etc). It is my understanding that I would need to
perform this within the stata do file (probably with some pipe of
strings, shell commands, or similar), but I don't really know how.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

marco

--