st: Re: Weak instruments

From   aapdm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Weak instruments
Date   Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:32:40 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Austin,

Many thanks for this, and for the papers that are
really useful!

I have another question about ivreg2.

For endogeneity tests, after the ivreg2 regression
under iid (no robust command), when using the ivendog
command, I get two statistics for endogeneity tests:
the Wu-Hausman and the Durbin-Wu-Hausman.

If I want to control for heteroskedasticity (and
therefore add the robust option as well), the ivendog
command is not valid and instead I need to add the
option endog ( ), and this gives me the results for
one statistic only.

I've read that "the ivendog option unavailable in
ivreg2 is the Wu-Hausman F-test version of the
endogeneity test". Does this mean that the endog ( )
option provides me with the equivalent of the
Durbin-Wu-Hausman statistic but under non iid
disturbances?

Many thanks!

Alice.