st: Re: Weak instruments

Subject   st: Re: Weak instruments
Date   Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:56:45 -0500

Alice--

The Kleibergen-Paap statistic is indeed the generalization of the
Cragg-Donald statistic.  There is no table of critical values, but you
can use the critical values for the Cragg-Donald statistic from Stock
and Yogo until someone generates a newer version.  A Cragg-Donald
statistic of 100 is good news, assuming you have not generated
instruments that have artificially high correlations with the
endogenous variables.  You can also do OverID tests if you construct
new excluded instruments by taking products and squares of your
existing excluded instruments, or products with exogenous variables.
See these 3 working papers:
 http://fmwww.bc.edu/EC-P/WP545.pdf
 http://fmwww.bc.edu/EC-P/WP667.pdf
 http://pped.org/stata/ciwod.pdf
for more.

I am copying the Statalist, which I recommend you join, if you
anticipate having more questions about -ivreg2- (Kit Baum and Mark
Schaffer are regular contributors).  You should be aware that all
Statalist posts are available on the web, including originating email
addresses, which can dramatically increase your volume of spam if you
are unprotected.  A free gmail.com address is a good solution to this
problem.