RE: st: Missing values

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Missing values
Date   Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:45:13 -0000

If this is correct, then

. replace v25 == . if v25 > .

is a way to fix your data.

Sergiy Radyakin
===============

Hello Nils,

it could be that the missing values are not exactly Stata's missing
codes (say they fall _between_  (.) and (.a). They are considered
missing, but not equal to (.). I guess a formal name for these is .a_

Try:

format v25 %21x
format v25 %16L     // (Windows)

to see what are the exact values stored in the variable and whether
they correspond to Stata's expectations.

Best regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin

On 1/9/08, Drews Nils <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have trouble with missing values with a variable which was created
with SAS. For some reason the missing values do not seem to be the
system missing value, but I cant figure what the value actually is, see
log below. Has anyone an idea what I am overlooking? Why do I get "no
observations" when I type "tab v25 if v25 == ., mis"?

-------