st: Control for the dependency of observations when correlate & ANOVA

From   "Wen Jun" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Control for the dependency of observations when correlate & ANOVA
Date   Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:48:20 -0500

Hi All,

I am trying to run some descriptive analyses (i.e. correlations,
ANOVA) on two children within one family and want to control for the
dependency of observations.  For example, my data include 1000
families and each family has two children. I want to know the
correlation between parenatl education and child gender, but want to
control for the dependency of observation. That is, I don't want to
correlate parental education and child gender for first and second
born specifically. I am a SAS user. I have heard that this is possible
to do in STATA, although I have no idea how to do it. Please give some
suggestions. Thanks!

Best,

Wen