Re: st: Is there a new zanthro command for the new 2006 WHO growth reference standards?

From   Yupa <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Is there a new zanthro command for the new 2006 WHO growth reference standards?
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2007 02:24:44 +0100

A package like zanthro with data from WHO is very desirable for several
reasons:
- the WHO macro for Stata is best suited for Stata SE for Windows. It
requires some tweaking to use in different platform like linux and mac
(at least changing paths in the ado file too)...
- it is said in the WHO site that it has limited functionality if run
from Stata/IC
- the WHO published the links to two different macro-set, 0-5 years and
5-19 years; it would be better to have a unique macro and a single
reference standard (0-19 years) for longitudinal studies (in other
words, it's better to run a single macro for all ages than two macros
for two age intervals)

On the other hand:
- zanthro is platform and stata-version independent
- the ado file is installed in the conventional adopath, can be used
from commandline or included in larger do-files
- it already uses two very good growth references; the third would be
definitely a great enhancement!

I agree that an updated zanthro package would be very useful and I hope
that the authors are planning an update!

Regards,
Francesco