re: st: pwd and graph use bug

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: pwd and graph use bug
Date   Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:43:05 -0500

.

In Stata 10 MP, in OS X the start up directory from double clicking a Stata file is a follows:

.dta = enclosing directory
.do = enclosing directory
.smcl = default ~/Documents directory (why??)
.gph = enclosing directory

Now I think I understand more of my previous post. I expected a graph opened by the Finder should not change my pwd if Stata was already open! But it does.

That makes me wonder what happens when I use the Finder to open a .dta file when Stata is already open. Turns out also changes the pwd, without notice.

I guess this is all fine if you know behavior is different depending on whether you use Stata or the Finder, but I think pwd should not be change automatically like this, except at the outset of starting Stata.

I'd be curious how Linux and Windows behave.

--
David C. Airey, Ph.D.
Pharmacology Research Assistant Professor

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/