Re: st: random-coefficient multinomial regression

From   "Arne Risa Hole" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: random-coefficient multinomial regression
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:52:22 +0100

Hi Christer,

You could also use my -mixlogit- module which was described in the
previous issue of the Stata Journal. This uses maximum simulated
likelihood rather than quadrature when estimating the model so is
faster than -gllamm- (although -gllamm- can obviously be used to
estimate a whole range of other models that -mixlogit- can't). An
update to the module was recently made available from the SSC archive:
type -ssc describe mixlogit- and follow the instructions to install. A
pre-publication draft version of the SJ paper is available from my
website (see below for the link).

The reason you didn't find -mixlogit- when searching the archives, by
the way, is that this model goes under a range of names including
mixed logit, random parameters logit and random coefficients logit...

Best wishes,
Arne

Dr Arne Risa Hole
Research Fellow