Re: st: clustering in proportional hazards models with stata/mp 10.0 - conditional logistic

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: clustering in proportional hazards models with stata/mp 10.0 - conditional logistic
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2007 05:47:12 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Dr. Gould for a thorough and clear
explanation.

I have a similar problem related to conditional
logistic regression. I have data from a multi-center
(7 clinics) study. I analyzed the data using
conditional logistic grouping on clinic. I was asked
to defend my method, because previous analyses on
these data were performed using indicator variables or
simply using a robust variance estimator.

I am planning on using the explanation from Dr. Gould
post, however, the argument that I would use for
conditional logistic is the same as that presented for
the indicator variables (dummies) . So I am missing
something, what is the difference? By the way, the
results I obtained using conditional logistic and
dummies are very similar.

Thank you,
Ricardo

--- "William Gould, StataCorp LP" <[email protected]>

=== message truncated ===

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Statistician
Oklahoma City, OK