st: doeditor run and do icons

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: doeditor run and do icons
Date   Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:09:39 -0500

.

I think there was some complaint recently about these icons looking similar. They are distinguished by run having no lines on the page in the icon (under the great arrow head), whereas do has lines. When you run a program you don't get commands echoed to the results window. When you do a .do file you do get commands echoed. I just found out that for those who don't use the command "run", it is confusing. For those who use run and do, it's not.

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/