Re: st: SAS SAS7BDAT file into Stata9

From   "Michael Mitchell" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SAS SAS7BDAT file into Stata9
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:49:11 -0700

Howdy

  I believe that the latest version of Stat/Transfer does support
"compressed" SAS data files. So, if you feel that this will be an
ongoing need, perhaps this is a good time to get an upgrade (but
please check with them to verify it does read compressed files).

  Or, the alternative, as others mentioned, is to get someone with SAS
to read the file and then save it in an uncompressed form, e.g.

data "mynewfile" (compress = no);
  set "existingfile";
run;

  Best luck,