st: rundolines with semicolon as command delimiter

From   Ansgar Wolsing <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: rundolines with semicolon as command delimiter
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:41:51 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I highly appreciate the rundo/rundolines scripts Friedrich Huebler has written to integrate Stata and external text editors. rundolines works fine - as long as you use the carriage return as command delimiter. But since I'm more familiar to the semicolon as delimiter, I came across some problems running selected lines with a semicolon at the end.
I tried and adapted Friedrich's rundolines script. It only took some additional lines of code. Now it is possible to run selected lines from an external text editor - either with semicolon or carriage return as command delimiter.
Thanks to Friedrich for encouraging me to send this announcement to the list.

You can find both the script and an description on how to use it on my website:
http://www.ansgar-wolsing.de/stata/rundolines.html

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards,
Ansgar