Re: st: mixed effect model and autocorrelation

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mixed effect model and autocorrelation
Date   Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:00:33 +0200

Panel commands in Stata (note: only "S" capitalized!) usually accept unbalanced panels as input.
-glamm- (remember the dashes!), which you can download from ssc (by typing: -ssc install gllamm-), allow for the option cluster, which at least partially corrects for autocorrelation. Here you can find an useful intro on both the command and mixed models http://www.unc.edu/~skolenik/stata/gllamm-demo.html
But: are you sure that you need a multilevel mixed-effects command? -xtmixed- would be very useful e.g. in trying to predict a region level dependendent variable using region- and country-level independent variables, where regions are nested within countries. If you need something else, other commands may turn to be more useful and/or may allow for more options. An Kit provided useful suggestions for these cases.
Nicola