Re: st: Stata plugin interface: what's the license?

From   Andrew Chadwick <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata plugin interface: what's the license?
Date   Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:37:10 +0100

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 09:43 -0500, Alan Riley wrote:
[...]
> The answer is that we have not attached a formal license
> to those files, and they are intended to be freely used and
> redistributed.

Thank you. That certainly clarifies matters and gets us a little further
through the legal jungle. May I quote your email in supporting
documentation?

> The easiest way for Andrew to make the new plugin accessible is
> distribute it via a Stata package (.pkg) file as detailed in
> -help usersite- in Stata.  Andrew will want to pay particular
> attention to the section of -help usersite- describe the 'g lines'
> of package files, which is how platform-specific materials such as
> plugins may be distributed.

Thanks for the pointers on making Stata packages the right way. I'll
certainly try to make our code at least build a skeleton Stata package
file for distribution, because that would be more useful.

If we do choose to make binaries grabbable with -net get- ourselves,
we'll probably only be able to build for LINUX and LINUX64 initially.

--
Andrew Chadwick, Computer Systems Administrator, Cancer Epidemiology,
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford,