st: Stata plugin interface: what's the license?

From   Andrew Chadwick <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata plugin interface: what's the license?
Date   Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:13:23 +0100

Hello, Statalisters.

We're developing a plugin[1] for Stata using the SPI[2], and we'd like
to distribute it via our servers in case anyone else might find it
useful. Right now, we're in the process of choosing a suitable Open
Source license, and it would be useful to us if we could know:

  - The full text of the license covering stplugin.h and stplugin.c

  - Whether we can distribute the two files with our plugin, and how we
    might go about that

All the information we currently have regarding the terms and conditions
for the SPI is the following comment in the source:

  /*
	stplugin.h, version 2.0.0
	copyright (c) 2003, 2004, 2006                   StataCorp
  */

Which unfortunately doesn't tell us what if anything we can do with
these two files. I hope someone from StataCorp is reading this, and can
provide a definitive answer.

[1] A less memory-intensive and buggy PostgreSQL data loader interface
    for setups where odbc has problems.
[2] http://www.stata.com/plugins/#2

--
Andrew Chadwick, Computer Systems Administrator, Cancer Epidemiology,
Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford,