RE: st: RE: Ordering bar graphs by yvar value (was: Suggestions for Second Edition of A Visual Guide to)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Ordering bar graphs by yvar value (was: Suggestions for Second Edition of A Visual Guide to)
Date   Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:14:41 +0100

Don't feel too much chagrin. I don't understand very
well what -catplot- can and can't do myself. The
main reason for that: it is essentially a wrapper for
some calls to -graph-, and I'm still discovering the
potentialities of what was introduced in -graph- in Stata 8.

For anyone watching, there is some discussion of these issues
in

FAQ     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Creating percent summary variables
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox and S. Merryman
        11/05   How can I create variables containing percent
                summaries?
                http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/percentvars.html

SJ-4-2  gr0004  .  Speaking Stata: Graphing categorical and compositional data
        Q2/04   SJ 4(2):190--215                                 (no commands)
        discusses graphical possibilities for categorical and
        compositional data

David Radwin