st: RE: stata 10 mp2 vs stata9

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: stata 10 mp2 vs stata9
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:47:15 -0500

Yes, I just installed Stata10-IC on Windows XP and found that what used
to be "instant" response to simple commands such as -summarize- now
takes more time so that I see a "blur" before the output shows on the
screen. I've been off the list for awhile so this has probably come up
before, but I sure would like to know what, if anything, I can do about
it.

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jitian Sheu
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:38 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: stata 10 mp2 vs stata9

Dear listers:
I am using the latest version of Stata (stata 10 MP2) in my computer (64
bit and 8G Ram) However, I just found the stata 10 does not perform
better compared with that in Stata 9.
I use the same program and run in the same computer.
Stata 10 is actually 1.5 times slower than stata 9.
Does anyone have the same experience? And does anyone happen to know how
to solve it?

JT