Re: st: factor analysis - interpreting the results, inclusion of dp variable

From   "georg wernicke" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: factor analysis - interpreting the results, inclusion of dp variable
Date   Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:12:26 +0100

hey nicola,

i guess it does not make much sence to use factoranalysis here. one of
my supervisors was pointing me on that and i did not spend enough time
on reviewing when it is reasonable to use since my thesis is due soon
(i guess blindly trusting somebody is not the best idea either...).
yes, i meant using predict by saying i stored them.

i was looking at the correlation matrix before, nothing obvious or
seriously correlated has shown up. when using coldiag2, two variables
could be identified as correlated. i was looking for ways to get my
model smaller, e.g. not to use 15 variables which were suggested as
pivotal in the literature. i am probably going to report a number of
tables where i include different variables.

thanks again for your help

georg