Re: st: factor analysis - interpreting the results, inclusion of dp variable

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: factor analysis - interpreting the results, inclusion of dp variable
Date   Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:57:35 +0200

Sorry for jumping in the discussion, but did you have a look at the correlation matrix before spending times on complicated tests, like those available through -coldiag2- and -collin-???
I obviously agree with Scott: don't include the dependent variable in the factor analysis. Also: which kind of variables do you have? While I used a factor analysis with constructs (e.g. perceptions on Likert scales), I would never use it with """real""" things (e.g. profits, patents, age, etc...), it is often too complicated to interpret the findings.
P.S. Just to be sure: when you said "i stored the 4 factors as new variables", did you mean that you saved the factor scores with post-estimation command -predict-, right?
Nicola