Re: st: factor analysis - interpreting the results, inclusion of dp variable

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: factor analysis - interpreting the results, inclusion of dp variable
Date   Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:02:53 -0400

hello,
I am on the first stage of self-learning of factor analysis as well. maybe
this discussion would be a little bit out of STATA discussion. but it does not
hurt if i could share my basic understanding on this with you.
If your FA comes up with some meaningful factors based on the factor loadings,
just use those factors as independents and run a regression of the dependent
variable on them. so, you go back to look at those four factors to see if they
are substantively meaningful.

best,