RE: st: RE: RE: -outreg2- in Stata 10, Richard

From   "roy wada" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: -outreg2- in Stata 10, Richard
Date   Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:55:34 -0700

Alright, I went back into the program and checked things out.
I am happy to report that Richard is "probably" correct and I
was wrong. I only say "probably" because I did not look
at every possibility.

As Nick reported earlier, -outreg2- has a convoluted structure.
The main program is located in the middle of the ado file. It was
the main program that was missing the version control.

(To be absolutely clear: a sub-program called -outreg2Main-
is not the main program. It used to be. -outreg2- is its own
main program. Versions 1.1 and 1.2 of -outreg2- are missing
version control for the main program. Version 1.3 has this
problem fixed.)

As far as I can tell, Stata Corp does not need to worry about the
possibility of "puzzling consequences."

Roy

Richard's guess, as I understand it, was that when a program
calls another, the -version- set is passed on (unless it is
was explicitly set to something else inside).

That is indeed my guess. And I would further guess that
when control returns to the calling program, version is
reset to whatever it was in that program, e.g. if version
was 9.2. and a program is called that sets version to 6.0,
after that program is executed version is again 9.2. And
when control returns to the command line it will be 10.0
again (or whatever version you are using).
Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!� http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/