st: Possible windowing problem with Stata 10

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Possible windowing problem with Stata 10
Date   Sun, 22 Jul 2007 05:20:00 -0500

I am using Stata 10 SE on a dual screen Windows XP Pro machine. Stata 10 is up-to-date.

I have noticed on 4 or 5 occasions since installing Stata 10 that some viewer windows sometimes "lock-up" in a setting when multiple windows are open (I cannot speak to the problem if only one window is open). This usually occurs to a window in the "back." When it occurs the locked window cannot be moved, scrolled or closed. There can be more than one locked window. However, new viewer windows can be opened and will function normally, and Stata will otherwise function normally. The only time this has caused me a problem is when the viewer window is on top of the command window. In that case I have to close Stata and Start over.

I have never had this problem with Stata 7, 8 or 9, or with any other Windows program.

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel +1 316 263 2125

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/