Re: st: Stata on a Mac

From   "Shrenik Shah" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata on a Mac
Date   Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:29:36 -0400

A previous thread on statalist seems to imply that an inexpensive
platform change is possible, as in the following line from the message
below:

"For those who might not know, a platform change cost 25.00 USD, while a
full license would cost 2,235.00 USD."

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: JP Azevedo <[email protected]>
Date: Jul 4, 2007 9:27 AM
Subject: st: RE: RE: Question about Stata 10 license
To: [email protected]

Hello Nick,

I've already found someone willing to pay for my Stata 10 and my new
hardware (64bits), the problem is that I would like to be able to temporarly
use Stata on two different arqchitetures (32-bits and 64bits), since some of
the software that I need are not yet available for Windows 64-bits.

The question then is if this magnificent soul will have to buy two licenses
(32bits + 64bits) or one license (32bits) + a platform change (64bits) for
me. Given that the hardware will be the same, and I will not be operating
the same license on the two different OS at the same time.

Cheers,

JP

PS: For those who might not know, a platform change cost 25.00 USD, while a
full license would cost 2,235.00 USD.