st: Stata on a Mac

From   "Gauri Khanna" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata on a Mac
Date   Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:33:13 +0000

Dear Stata List,

I am a PC user and have been using a PC version of Stata 9 (and now 10). My laptop is four years old and needs replacing.

I was thinking of purchasing a Mac because of its cool graphics but also that now Mac has a dual operating system.

1. Does anyone know whether I can install my PC version of Stata on to a Mac with this dual operating system?

2. If anyone has any comments/experiences with switching to a MAC from a PC (I currently use DELL), please let me know. I know little about computers (the only thing I want is Stata to work).

Sorry if this question falls outside the realm of the usual Stata list questions.

Regards,

Gauri

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/

*