RE: st:propensity score matchign graph

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st:propensity score matchign graph
Date   Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:19:34 +0100

For the uninitiated, -psgraph- is in package -psmatch2-
on SSC.

Please remember to give locations for non-official
commands. No-one knows them all, and even if someone did,
precise locations are always helpful to somebody else.

Glancing at this -psgraph-, I see in the help:

bin(#) specifies the number of intervals to use for accumulating the histogram. The
        default is bin(50). Values should be between 2 and 50.

This does not match the code. The default is 20 and the
number of bins appears to be unlimited. A wild guess is
that the authors rewrote an original based on -graph, histogram-
in Stata <8 and did not update the help on that detail.

Although this is a glitch, the implication is that the program
is more versatile than advertised.

ricardo sierra