st: Percentage as dependent variable, using -svy-

From   "Daw, Christina M" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Percentage as dependent variable, using -svy-
Date   Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:37:17 -0500

Hello, Statalist,

I have a question prompted by Austin Nichols' earlier suggestion (thank you!) to look at -svy ratio- when considering variance extimates in variables that are percentages.  My dependent variable is a percentage of total cost (and 0 and 1 are included values).    How do I make that percentage into a variable to use as a dependent variable in regressions with svy commands and so  obtain the appropriate variance/SE estimates?   The -svy ratio-command allows the construction of a ratio, but not a variable with the ratio's value  provided for each observation (at least I haven't been able to figure it out).   Again, the svy commands do not support the fractional response variable glm regression method from Papke and Wooldridge that has been discussed in earlier posts.

Thank you very much.

Chris Daw