st: Yeo-Johnson Power Transformation

From   Rajiv Sabherwal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Yeo-Johnson Power Transformation
Date   Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:40:54 -0600

How can I perform Yeo-Johnson Power transformation in STATA? It is similar to Box-Cox transformation, but can be used with negative variables as well, unlike Box-Cox transformation which can only be used for positive variables. Please see www.stat.umn.edu/arc/ yjpower.pdf and rweb.stat.umn.edu/R/library/alr3/html/powtran.html.

My dependent variable is a percentage that varies from -100 to +100, and hence Box-Cox transformation would be inappropriate, but Yeo- Johnson Power transformation would be perfect.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Rajiv

----
Rajiv Sabherwal, Ph.D.
University of Missouri Curators Professor, and
Emery C. Turner Professor of Information Systems
CCB 206, College of Business Administration
University of Missouri, St. Louis
8001 Natural Bridge Road
St. Louis, MO 63121
Phone: 314-516-6490