st: Yeo-Johnson Power Transformation

From   Rajiv Sabherwal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Yeo-Johnson Power Transformation
Date   Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:14:14 -0600

How can I perform Yeo-Johnson Power transformation in STATA? It is
similar to Box-Cox transformation, but can be used with negative
variables as well, unlike Box-Cox transformation which can only be
used for positive variables. Please see  www.stat.umn.edu/arc/
yjpower.pdf and rweb.stat.umn.edu/R/library/alr3/html/powtran.html.

My dependent variable is a percentage that varies from -100 to +100,
and hence Box-Cox transformation would be inappropriate, but Yeo-
Johnson Power transformation would be perfect.

Thanks for your help.