Re: st: RE: a variable is decreased by 1 ? Thanks

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: a variable is decreased by 1 ? Thanks
Date   Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:49:10 +0000

Gijs does not substantiate his claim, but I find no difficulty:

. set obs 1
obs was 0, now 1

. gen long pid = 17025101

. l

     +----------+
     |      pid |
     |----------|
  1. | 17025101 |

Nick
n.j.cox

Gijs Dekkers

Thanks for the help. Before posting this request, I did try setting the
variable type to 'long' but that did not resolve the problem. However,
Kris' suggestion is spot on! So, thanks Kris for the immediate solution.
And thanks Nick, for the explanation which I am going to study now to
prevent these kinds of problems in the future.