RE: st: Generalised interval regression

From   "Mentzakis, Emmanouil" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Generalised interval regression
Date   Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:01:47 -0000

I am sorry for the vagueness of my question. Maybe a bit more
description might help.

I have a dependent variable (hours of an activity per week) that is
given in intrevals. Thus, 0-20, 21-60, 61-100.

However, if I understand correctly, the goprobit and the gologit2 are
able to give different effects for explanatory variable according to the
levels in the dependent (i.e relax the parallel line assumption).

And I was wondering if there is any code to do the same thing when the
dependent varaiabel is not specified simply as ordinal but as intervals.

I know that I could recode my dependent in order to have it as ordinal
(i.e. no intervals specified) but I would like to use the intrevals
information that I have (i.e. the cut-offs would not need to be
estimated). Additionaly the knowledge of the cut-offs allows me to know
the scale of the variable.

I hope that I am more clear now.

Thank you
Manos