RE: st: Generalised interval regression

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Generalised interval regression
Date   Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:50:40 -0000

No, this would not be correct. Constraints must be
linear (not, e.g., inequalities); they refer to parameter
values, not data; and they cannot include -if- conditions.

Also, these constraints are inconsistent insofar as
(e.g.) something cannot be in (60,100) if it is equal to 3.
The latter problem may reflect a typo.

That said, I regret that I do not understand what you
want here.

Mentzakis, Emmanouil

> Thank you very much. What I meant in my question was, if
> there is a way
> to relax the parallel line assumption when using intreval
> regression and
> I think what you prospose does exactly that.
>
> However, I d like to ask how could I specify these inetrvals?
>
> If I had these inetervals: 0-20, 21-60 and 61-100
>
> Would it be correct to write:
>
> constraint 1 depvar>0 & depvar<20 if depvar==1
> constraint 2 depvar>20 & depvar<60 if depvar==2
> constraint 3 depvar>60 & depvar<100 if depvar==3
>
> And then
>
> oglogit2 depvar indepvar, npl() constraints(1-3)

Richard Williams