RE: st: Different confidence intervals from proportions and tabulates (also in survey)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Different confidence intervals from proportions and tabulates (also in survey)
Date   Mon, 30 Oct 2006 00:01:24 -0000

As before, your terminology of negative CIs is puzzling.
An interval is a length; if the upper limit falls below
the lower limit, then there is really is a bug. However,
as before, I assume you are talking about negative lower limits
(bounds).

There is a no attachments rule on Statalist. (The FAQ explains.)

The export to MS Excel is naturally independent of these issues
and your own choice. If you have Excel-specific problems that
are also relevant to Statalist, others will advise.

Jason Ferris