Re: st: problems with e(sample)

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problems with e(sample)
Date   Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:09:29 +0100

I wrote that warning because Zurab's post reminds me of an occassion
where I had several sets of results saved using -est store- and then I
came to a spot where Stata recommends that I try -discard-.  I tried
and then whoosh, a lot of stuff (more than I thought I'd bargained
for) was gone.

Most commands in Stata implement changes that are quite quickly /
easily reversed, -discard- can potentially wipe out regresison results
that take hours to run.  You're of course right in saying that the
help file should be read but in my case it didn't help v much as the
-discard- help file says nothing about -est-.