Re: st: Graph format that can be edited in Word/Windowsapplications? Any other ideas for non-stata users to edit my work?

From   Thomas Speidel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Graph format that can be edited in Word/Windowsapplications? Any other ideas for non-stata users to edit my work?
Date   Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:15:19 -0600

Besides what has been sugested already, another solution is to save the graph as a *.ps or (better) *.eps. You can then edit the graph in any postcript capable editor such as Adobe Illustrator, Corels Draw or (not sure if this would work) the free Inkscape. Unfortunately, if you are looking to include ps or eps into MS Word, you are out of luck. As far as I know Word will not accept any postscript format (but OpenOffice.org will). Moreover, your printing shop will be much happier to receive a postscript based image (or document) rather then a Word document.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

I am working on a big  report and will have others do
the final editing, translation to another language and
preparation for printing.

I need to produce my stata graphs in a format that
will allow others to edit the text portions (source,
labels, xtitle, etc) using common windows
applications.

Any advice?

If that is not possible, other ideas?

How can i "strip down" my graphs to the graph section,
without any labels etc. that can be later inserted in
a some sort of frame ,where the axes titles can be
added (Actually, any advice on that? Seems like it
will be impossible to make it work, e.g. how to denote
a dotted line vs some other line).

Thank you in advance for your time! Happy world cup
watchin'!
Best,
Anna

http://mail.yahoo.com